Thursday, April 3, 2014

Day 2

The combined euphoric feel of the anesthesia and nerve block have warn off a bit, so the joint pain is sinking in. Oh, I didn't miss that one bit. Yesterday was rather uneventful, just the way you prefer surgery to be. 

Before reality hit


I don't remember much after my new best friend, the anesthesiologist, gave me some "anti-scary drugs", until I woke up in the recovery room. Luckily, everything went very well and I was able to come home a short time later, where I bonded with my new gadgetry...


My other new best friend, the nerve block, came in very handy. I was able to make it until this morning without any pain, until it came roaring back all at once and I had to pull out the pain pills. The only downside I will say is carrying around the fanny pack that has all the medicine in it- I feel a bit like a bag lady. 

Tomorrow is a big day- I get to see my doctor and find out how much longer I get to have my immobilizer and hopefully, I'll get to see my knee for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment